It’s the most wonderful time of the year – preseason has started! It’s great to see all the club photos coming up on Instagram again. Here are 10 things everyone’s going through in the weeks before the leagues start.
1) Investing in new shoes
It’s totally justifiable to have an indoor and an outdoor pair, right?
2) Buzzing to get the dress back on
I love my netball dress so much. I’d wear it to work if I could.
3) Catching up with everyone
I mean, it’s only been a couple of months. And we’ve been on tour and played social netball all summer. And we went out last Friday. But still…
4) Getting to know the new team
Probably including the annual ‘stand in a circle and tell each other your names’ ritual.
5) Being massively uncoordinated
Preseason is a wonderful time spent remembering how to throw and catch.
6) Feeling super tired
— Kerry O’Shea (@kerry_london) August 25, 2016
Were quarters always 15 minutes? Feels like they’ve grown.
7) Getting all the fixtures in the diary
And planning your life around them (OK maybe that’s just me).
8) Trying to remember how you managed 9am games
Genuinely have no idea how I managed to get up at this time last year.
9) Navigating loads of new WhatsApp groups
Which slowly become more chatty once you’ve all met.
10) Volunteering to be captain
And then realising you have no idea how to fill out a scorecard.
11) Loving being back on court
Bring on the start of the league!
Please keep tagging @netballsquad in your photos – love seeing them. See you all on court in a few weeks!