I was inspired to write this article after reading TeachingMum81’s great blog post about the power of the #netballfamily. Joining a netball team was one of the best things I did when I moved to London – it gave me a new group of friends straight away and two years later we’re all still at the pub together every week. Share with your own netball team and let me know if this all sounds true for you!
1) You see each other all the time
Including at ungodly hours of the morning or after an awful day at work.
2) They’re always here if you need
Leah is a total WA.
3) Friends who tour together, stay together
Even if said tour is just to outer London.
4) You’re used to wearing matching clothes
Which we all know is #squadgoals 101.
5) The WhatsApp group never stops buzzing
Mainly because it’s always someone’s birthday.
6) You’re all totally different from each other
If you’ve taken my Buzzfeed quiz, you’ll know the best netball teams have a diverse range of personalities.
7) You never let each other down
Work drinks? Birthday party? Hot date? No way, I’ve got netball.
8) You boost each other up
Metaphorically and literally.
9) You win and lose together
There’s no I in netball. Or #squadgoals.
10) They’ve been by your side for all your greatest achievements
And they’re always the ones cheering you on.
11) And most importantly, you always have a great time with them
You can’t beat a get together with the netball team.